|Jan 17||1||Introducing Yourself||第0堂笔记||HW1||Handout1|
|Jan 24||2||Numbers/Happy Chinese New Year!||—||—||Handout2|
|Jan 31||3||Let’s Hang out!||—||HW2||Handout3|
|Feb 7||4||Yum Cha!||第4堂笔记||HW3||Handout4|
|Feb 14||5||Yum Cha! Part 2||第5堂笔记||HW4||Handout5|
|Feb 28||7||College Life||—||—||Handout7|
|Mar 7||Midterm||—||—||HW5||喜欢你 Lyrics|
|Mar 21||9||Grocery Shopping||第9堂笔记||—||Handout9|
|Mar 28||10||A Trip to Pittsburgh||—||—||Handout10|
|Apr 4||11||Going to the Doctor||—||—||Handout11|
|Apr 11||12||Shopping for Clothes||—||—||Handout12|
|Apr 18||13||When I was Little||第13堂笔记||—||Handout13|
|Apr 25||14||Nice Weather!||—||—||Handout14|
|May 2||15||Final Project Due||—||—||—|
Try to find a partner from the class. Shoot a video of you two introducing yourselves to each other using the phrases we learned.
- Rename your file to hw1-andrewid1-andrewid2, where andrewid1 and andrewid2 are your Andrew IDs.
- Due on Tuesday, January 24 by 6:30pm.
- ➡️ https://youtu.be/tNMhm-KSRas ⬅️
Take a video of you describing your day. Use 我朝早…；我中午… etc.
- Rename your file to hw2-andrewid. Summit your work here.
- Due on Tuesday, February 7 by 6:30pm.
Due on Tuesday, February 14 by 6:30pm.
- Pick 10 characters from the handout and fill them into the Cantonese Pinyin table.
- We need your feedback! Please take a short survey on how we can improve. https://goo.gl/forms/rbKbOz8W6FRi753i2
Due on Tuesday, February 21 by 6:30pm.
- Practice reading “入实验室揿紧急掣”, and record yourself reading it. Example
Rename your file to hw4-andrewid and summit it here
The midterm exam will be held in class on Mar 7. Please contact Justin or Patrick if you need a make up exam.
Due on Tuesday, March 21 by 6:30pm.
- In the 《喜欢你》lyrics handout, there are words with multiple pronunciations. Which one is the correct pronunciation? Listen to the song, use a dictionary or use the Internet to find out. Submit your answers here: https://goo.gl/forms/Tbe9E6RdDzqY4ojj1 .
- (Optional) Learn to sing the song if you like it!
Due on Tuesday, May 2 before class. Rename your file into andrewid1-andrewid2-…-andrewidn and summit your work below.
In groups of 2 - 4, pick one from the scenarios and act. Shoot a video.
- In the restaurant
- Waiter, Person A(, B and C)
- Come up with a conversation and order your favorite food
- Discuss the taste of the food. Did you enjoy it or not?
- Make a plan for the weekend
- Ask your friend if he/she is free
- Discuss what you’re going to do. Where are you going?
- Decide when you’re going and how you’re getting there
- Buying groceries
- You and your friends are preparing a big dinner. What dishes are you making?
- Lookup the words for the ingredients you need and buy them!
- Ask the vendor “…點賣啊？” (“How are they sold?”)
- Discuss the price. Is it too expensive or is it cheap? Bargain with the vender.
- A story about your city
- What’s the city you are from? Tell us about it!
- Where is it? What are the things you like about your city? When you were little, what activities did you like to do and with whom? How did you get to places, on foot, by bike, or by car etc.? What’s the weather usually like?
- You can also talk about your favorite city if you like.
- Going to the doctor
(Doctor and patients)
- Imagine you are not feeling very well and are going to the doctor. What’s the problem? What are the symptoms?
- Topic of your choice
- Any other fun things you want to act.
- Summit Your Work Here -
Please rename your file into andrewid1-andrewid2-…-andrewidn